Ssamjang (Savory Soybean and Tofu Dipping Sauce)
Try this savory soybean and tofu dipping sauce from Cathlyn's Korean Kitchen made with chilli paste, dwenjang, and tofu.
- 2 tbsp dwenjang (or Miso)
- 1 tbsp gochujang chilli paste
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp freshly minced garlic
- 3 oz silken or soft tofu
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 tbsp red pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour the contents in a small sauce pan or Korean clay pot and cook in medium low heat
- Stir with a wooden spoon
- Cover the lid and let it simmer in low heat for 15 minutes
- Garnish with chopped green onions and chilli
- Serve with steamed rice and a side of leafy green