Steamed Salmon and Mushrooms
This steamed salmon and mushroom dish proves that cooking for one can be fun and not result in a week of leftovers. (Recipe Credit: Marc Matsumoto of Fresh Tastes.
- 5 ounces assorted mushrooms
- 4 ounces salmon
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- cilantro (for garnish)
- Cut a large rectangular piece of aluminum foil and place it on the counter.
- Pile the mushrooms in the center and top with the salmon.
- Drizzle with the soy sauce and top and the salmon with the butter.
- Fold the foil over the top of the salmon to make the two ends meet and then fold the foil over to several times to seal the top. Seal the pouch by folding the edges over a few times.
- Add 1/4-inch of water to a frying pan with a lid and then add the pouch of salmon. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to maintain a gentle simmer and steam until the salmon is cooked through (about 9-10 minutes).
- When the salmon is done, carefully remove it from the pan, unwrap and garnish with cilantro.