This sticky bun recipe is adapted from a version by baker Seth Greenberg, owner of Just Desserts, whose treats are distributed by East End Cookie Company.
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (1 3/4 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for muffin tins
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 3/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole pecans, lightly toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 3/4 pounds Yeast Dough, room temperature
- Generously grease two 6-cup jumbo muffin tins with softened butter. Set aside. In medium bowl, combine sugars and mix thoroughly until well blended. Set aside. Coarsely chop half of the pecans.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream 3/4 cup butter together with 3/4 cup brown sugar mixture and the salt on medium speed. Beat until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add corn syrup and mix until well combined. Divide butter-brown sugar mixture evenly between prepared cups, about 2 tablespoons per cup. Top with four to five whole pecans.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and roll into an 18-by-10-inch rectangle. Brush dough with the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and liberally sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture and chopped pecans.
- Beginning with the long side facing you, tightly roll dough away from you into a log; pinch edge of dough to seal. Cut dough crosswise into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Place each cross-sectional piece into prepared muffin cup and lightly cover with plastic wrap. Place muffin tins in warm place until buns double in size, about 45 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, centering one rack in the oven and the other directly below, lining rack below with foil.
- Once dough has doubled in size, remove plastic wrap and place on middle rack. Bake until tops are dark brown, about 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately invert to cooling rack set over a baking sheet. Let cool slightly before serving.
This sticky buns recipe appears in the "Yeast Dough" episode of Martha Bakes