Strawberries and Cream Milkshakes
This Strawberries and Cream Milkshakes recipe is a simple Summer beverage that you can make quickly. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
- 1/2 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Splash of water
- Pinch of salt
- 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream (for non-dairy, I love coconut ice cream)
- 1 cup whole milk or almond milk or coconut milk
- Whipped cream, for topping
- In a medium saucepan, set over medium heat, add the strawberries, sugar, water and salt. Cover the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the berries have cooked down. Pour the puree through a strainer. Discard the pulp and set the syrup aside.
- To a blender, add the ice cream and milk of your choice. Pulse only a few times (you don’t want it too liquid-y) just until the ice cream is broken up. Add a tablespoons of syrup to each glass. Top with glass with the milkshake mixture, a handful of strawberries and lastly, a big dollop of whipped cream. Serve and drink up immediately.