Strawberries and Cream Popsicles
One of the great flavor combinations - strawberries and cream make a soothing, frozen treat during the warm Summer months. (Recipe courtesy of Adrianna Adarme of the Fresh Tastes blog)
- 1 pound strawberries, hullled and halved
- 4 tablespoons of sugar or to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a food processor, add the strawberries and pulse until pureed. Add two tablespoons of sugar and pulse once more. Give it a taste and adjust the sugar according to your liking.
- In a measuring cup, measure out the heavy cream and whisk in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You have a few options here in terms of popsicle design:
- Option A. You could mix the heavy cream into the strawberry puree, fill up the molds, add the sticks and freeze overnight.
- Option B. Fill up six popsicles molds about 1/4 of the way and transfer to the freezer for 1 hour. At the 1-hour mark, remove them from the freezer and add about a tablespoon of cream to each mold. Transfer to the freezer for another hour and repeat the process until you've filled up the molds.
- Option C. You can add the puree to the molds about 3/4 of the way and divide the cream between molds. An automatic swirl will happen with the popsicles, resulting in some very attractive pops!