Strawberry Barbecue Sauce
Strawberries aren't only used in dessert. Use this strawberry barbecue sauce to sweeten up your normal bbq flavor. (Recipe Credit: Marc Matsumoto of Fresh Tastes.)
Yield: Makes about 1 cup of sauce
- 2/3 cup jam
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- Add all the ingredients to a non-reactive pot and bring to a boil.
- Cook the strawberry barbecue sauce, stirring regularly until it reaches your desired thickness (2-5 minutes).
- Let the sauce cool completely before storing it in a jar, in the fridge.