Strawberry Bread Pudding
Instant breakfast in under 30 minutes! (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted melted and cooled butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar, plus more for topping
- 1 pound of strawberries, divided
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 8 cups of cubed bread (your choice on type)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, sifted, as garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2.5 quart baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Set aside 3 or 4 strawberries and slice them up (we’ll use them later). In a blender, add the milk, melted butter, vanilla extract, powdered sugar, strawberries, salt and eggs. Blend for about 1 minute, until the strawberries have combined with the liquid. Transfer the cubes of bread and add the sliced strawberries. I like to toss the whole thing together so the fresh strawberries are evenly distributed throughout the bread pudding. Pour the strawberry milk over the bread. If there are any cubes of bread that haven’t been coated in liquid, push them around so they can absorb some of the delicious strawberry milk.
- Transfer to the oven to bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, until the top of the bread cubes are lightly golden brown. Dust with powdered sugar and serve warm.