Cool and refreshing, perfect for spring and summer
- 1 lb. 4 ounces strawberries hulled and lightly crushed
- 4 ounces white onions thinly sliced
- 4 ounces red bell peppers thinly sliced
- 5 ounces cucumber peeled, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 half clove of garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup tarragon leaves
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Strawberries hulled and finely diced
- Chives finely minced
- Red bell pepper finely diced
- English cucumber peeled, seeded, and finely diced
- 1-2 tablespoons of almond oil
- Whole fresh chervil sprigs
- Place the first eight ingredients in a bowl, mix well, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, puree the ingredients in a blender and season with salt and pepper to taste. If the mixture is too thick you can thin with water.
- Allow to thoroughly chill again before ladling into soup plates or bowls.
- To garnish, gently toss all the diced or minced vegetables and fruit with almond oil. Mound in the center of the soup plate and top with some chervil sprigs.