Serve this strawberry lemonade recipe in mason jars for a special touch. Food blogger Jenna Weber explains how to tone down the sweetness in a full post on the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 ¼ cups fresh lemon juice (from about 6 lemons)
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 24-28 oz fresh cold water
- Bring the sugar and water to a simmer in a small saucepot. Stir so that sugar melts completely then remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Place the strawberries in a blender and process until smooth. Pour pureed strawberries in the sugar water and stir well. Add the lemon juice.
- Combine the strawberry lemon syrup and the cold water in a large pitcher. Stir well and add lots of ice.
- Serve lemonade with thin slices of lemons and strawberries.