Strawberry Mango Salsa
Try this sweet and spicy combination with mango and strawberry. Food blogger Jenna Weber shares pairing ideas for this dish in a full post on the Fresh Tastes blog.
Yield: yields about 2 cups
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 large mango, preferably manila or champagne
- ¾ cup chopped fresh cilantro (one small bunch)
- ¼ red onion, minced
- 1 whole jalapeno, minced (seeds removed if you prefer less heat)
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp honey
- Chop up the strawberries and mango into very small bits.
- Place in a bowl with the cilantro, minced red onion and minced jalapeno.
- Add honey and lime juice and stir well.
Tips/TechniquesThis salsa is best eaten the day it is prepared.