Try this strawberry margarita recipe for a colorful drink bursting with strawberry flavor. Food blogger Jenna Weber shares her inspiration for this unique tasting drink in a full post on the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 4 oz tequila
- 3 oz triple sec
- 2 limes, juiced
- fresh strawberries
- Combine the frozen strawberries, sugar and water in a small pot over low/medium heat. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook on low for about 30 minutes until strawberries have broken down and mixture is thick. Remove from the stove, pour into a Tupperware container or glass jar and refrigerate until chilled.
- To make the margaritas, add about a third cup of the strawberry syrup to a cocktail shaker (you be the judge according to how sweet you like your margaritas). Follow with the tequila, triple sec, lime juice and ice.
- Shake margaritas well then pour into two glasses, rimmed with salt if you like.
- Garnish cocktails with fresh strawberries and serve.