Strawberry Rhubarb Bellini
This Strawberry Rhubarb Bellini recipe starts with strained puree then combined with very cold sparkling wine or champagne. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
- 1/2 pound strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1 stalk rhubarb, trimmed and chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Cook over medium-low heat for about 10 to 12 minutes, until the strawberries and rhubarb turn to mush. Run the syrup through a strainer and discard the pulp.
- Add a few tablespoons to each champagne glass. Top with champagne and serve with a strawberry as a garnish.