Fruit risotto is made in some parts of Italy as alta cucina. Here is one with strawberries; blueberries are also an option. Watch Mary Ann Esposito make Strawberry Risotto at CiaoItalia.com!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped leeks
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups hot chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped strawberries or blueberries plus several whole berries for garnish
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Heat the 4 tablespoons of butter in a heavy saucepan. Add the leeks and cook until translucent. Add the rice and stir until it is well coated with the butter. Begin to add the wine a little at a time,and stir continually over medium heat until it is absorbed. Once you have used up all the wine start to add 1/2 cup of broth, stirring as it is absorbed.Continue adding ladle fulls of broth, and stirring continuously for about 20-25minutes or until the rice is cooked, but remains slightly firm to the teeth.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the berries and add the remaining butter and the parmesan cheese. Serve hot and garnish with whole berries.