- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 small bunch finely chopped parsley
- 1 large chopped onion
- Few leaves of chopped green mint
- 2 large finely chopped tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 small eggplant
- 1 large can of tomato juice
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°. Mix all ingredients except the eggplant and juice and set aside.
- Scoop out the insides of the eggplant to form a boat or hollow casing. Stuff with stuffing mix. Line in a medium greased baking dish or roasting pan. Pour tomato juice over vegetables.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° for 1-2 hours or until done.
- Note: You may substitute bell peppers or zucchini for the eggplant.