Flounder is a flat, mild fish that is perfect for stuffing. If you cannot find it, use sole or cod fillet. Watch Mary Ann Esposito make Stuffed Flounder at CiaoItalia.com!
Cook time: 30 Minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound fresh spinach, well washed
- 1 medium carrot, scraped and shredded
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 flounder fillers, each weighing 5 to 6 ounces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cook the spinach, covered, without any additional water, just until the leaves wilt. Drain and squeeze dry. Coarsely chop and place in a bowl. Cook the carrots with the ginger in 2tablespoons of the butter until the carrots begin to wilt. Transfer them to the bowl with the spinach. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide and spread the mixture on top of the fish. Starting at the short end, roll each fillet up like a jellyroll.
- Brush a casserole dish with 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter.Add the fillets and drizzle the tops with the remaining butter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the fish turns white and is easily flaked with a fork. Serve hot.