Super Tuna Panini
Make this tuna panini recipe for a quick and easy lunch for dinner. Watch Mary Ann Esposito make Super Tuna Panini at CiaoItalia.com!
- 8 oz tuna packed in oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat Italian parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 8 pitted and chopped cured black olives
- 8 slices of ciabatta bread or 4 ciabatta rolls, sliced in half
- 4 oz bel paese cheese
- 12 slices oven roasted tomato
- 2 cups baby arugula
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
- Preheat your favorite Panini maker.
- Place 1 slice of cheese on each of four slices of bread or on half of each roll. Evenly distribute the tuna mixture (oil, capers, parsley, lemon, red pepper, olives) on top of the cheese.
- Put 3 slices of roasted tomato over the tuna and then top with the arugula.
- Drizzle each sandwich with some of the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill panini on both sides until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.