Sweet Mexican Cornbread
If you like sweet cornbread this is the recipe for you. Traditional ingredients mixed with the sweet smoothness of sweetened condensed milk make this cornbread seem more like a dessert.
- 1 cup buttermxilk biscuit mix
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup milk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- ¾ cup canned (well drained) or frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- Pre-heat over to 350 degrees. Spray 8 inch square or round pan with non-stick psray.
- In large bowl, mix together all ingredients except corn, stir until smooth. Stir in corn. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and/or when toothpick is inserted in center comes out clean.