Sweet Miso Chicken Wings
Brown sugar, miso and ginger add great flavor to this make-ahead crowd pleaser from Marc Matsumoto of the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 90 grams miso (1/3 cup)
- 55 grams dark brown sugar (about 1/4 packed cup)
- 20 grams fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup sake
- 1/2 cup water
- 350 grams chicken wings (about 12 wings)
- 1 scallion, green part only
- Add the miso, sugar, ginger, sake and water to a saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Once the sugar has melted, add the chicken wings so that they are submerged in the liquid, cover with a lid, and reduce the heat to maintain a gentle simmer.
- Cook the wings for 30 minutes with the lid on, and then remove the lid and move the chicken around so any areas that were not submerged are covered in liquid. Cook for another 30 minutes, or until the sauce is thick, and the chicken is tender.
- Gently toss the chicken to coat in the sauce and serve. Garnish with scallion greens.