Sweet Potato & Apple Mash
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2” rounds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium Golden Delicious Apples peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2” chunks
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a simmer and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain the potatoes, return them to the pot, cover and keep warm.
- Heat a 10 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat; once hot, add 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the apples, onion, rosemary, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and cook, stirring frequently, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the apple mixture to the cooked sweet potatoes, along with the remaining oil, salt, butter, and pepper and coarsely mash with a potato masher or whisk. Serve.