Sweet Potato Cinnamon Rolls
Try baking sweet potato cinnamon rolls for a different, delicious breakfast treat. Recipe shared by Brad Cecchi on Bringing It Home with Laura McIntosh.
Prep time: 1 Hour
Cook time: 40 Minutes
- 3 Cups Warm Whole Milk
- 4 Whole Eggs
- 5 Tsp Dry Active Yeast
- 1 Cup Homemade Sweet Potato Puree* (option to use caned puree)
- 3 Lbs All Purpose Flour
- 4 oz Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1/2 Lb Butter
- Sweet Potato Puree:
- 4 Large Peeled Sweet Potatoes
- 1/2 Gallon of Water
- 1/2 Lb Soft Butter
- 1/2 Lb Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Lb Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Lb Butter
- 1/2 Lb Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- Instructions for sweet potato puree: Boil peeled 4 large sweet potatoes in water until tender remove from water and blend in food processor until smooth.
- Instructions for dough: Mix together in a Kitchen Aid Mixer milk, eggs, yeast, and potato puree.
- Add flour, sugar and salt. Mix on low.
- Soften butter and add 1 tablespoon at a time to mixer as it mixes on low speed.
- Allow dough to proof in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Instructions for filling: Mix together in a Kitchen Aid Mixer the soft butter, brown sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Instructions for frosting: Mix together in a Kitchen Aid Mixer cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- Instructions for assembling rolls:
- Roll out dough to 1 inch thick.
- Spread with filling and roll into a tight log.
- Cut cinnamon rolls to 2” thick and arrange evenly in a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes
- Let rolls cool, frost, and enjoy!
Tips/TechniquesWhen making this recipe, make the sweet potato puree and dough first. Then make the filling and frosting while the dough is being refrigerated.