- 3 large sweet potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups shredded assorted cheese (Cajun Pacific prefers a cheddar and Grana Padano combo)
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoon Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375°. Butter a shallow casserole dish or lasagna pan. The pan should be small enough so that the potatoes are at least one inch high when placed in it.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients except 1/2 cup of the cheese. Pour potato mix into buttered pan and spread it out evenly. Top with the remaining cheese. Cover tightly with foil and bake in oven for 35 minutes. Remove foil and raise temperature to 400°. Bake until top is brown and crusty 15- 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for one hour to set. Warm through when ready to serve.
Tips/TechniquesNote: This recipe can be done up to two days before and reheated in the oven prior to serving.