Sweet & Salt Relish
Recipe by Shuna Fish Lydon. Sweet & Salt Relish will keep upwards of a month refrigerated in a non-reactive, tightly sealed container.
- 2 cups Organic Raw Almonds
- 3/4 cups Candied Kumquats
- 1 cups California Dried Apricots
- 10 each Dried White Figs
- 1 cup Cold Press Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sel Gris
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Nibs
- Optional: Honey Lemon Zest or 1/4 Preserved Lemon (peel only)
- Rough chop almonds, candied kumquats (*get recipe by clicking here), apricots and figs, and place in bowl. Stir to combine.
- Stir in olive oil, salt and minced preserved lemon peel or optional ingredients.
- Just before serving, add cocoa nibs. (This step will preserve some of their crunch, but it's not absolutely necessary.)