Swiss Chard with Lemon and Hazelnuts
Farmer's Markets can provide great inspiration for new dishes. Jenna Weber of Eat, Live, Run shows how swiss chard can revitalize your veggie consumption. See the full post at the Fresh Tastes Blog.
- 1 large bunch Swiss or rainbow chard
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- sprinkle of sea salt
- Wash the chard and roughly chop both the leaves and stalks. In a large skillet, heat up the olive oil over medium high heat. When hot, drop the chopped stalks and sauté for about five minutes until just tender.
- Add the leaves, hazelnuts and lemon zest and toss to combine. Saute briefly for thirty seconds until the leaves just begin to wilt.
- Take off heat and add the juice of half of the lemon and a small sprinkle of sea salt to finish.
- Serve with grilled chicken or fish.