Swiss Chard with Bacon
This versatile green can accompany almost any entrée. To add a little excitement and color to your plate, choose a rainbow char. Your guests will be wowed.
- 1 ounce whole butter, small dice
- 1 slice bacon
- 6 each Swiss Chard leaves
- 2 ounces onion, small dice
- 4 ounces chicken broth
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Rinse and trim the chard of any blemishes.
- Separate the chard ribs from the leaves and cut both. Render the bacon until crisp.
- Sauté the diced ribs with onion until soft in the bacon fat.
- Add the leaves and smother briefly. Add broth and simmer until tender.