(From Mrs. Wheelbarrow’s Kitchen) Aviva Goldfarb of The Six O'Clock Scramble shares this recipes. See the full post at Kitchen Explorers.
- 1 lb. raw almonds
- 1/4 cup (scant) low sodium tamari
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, toss the almonds with the tamari until they are well coated (for a spicy kick, add a pinch of wasabi powder).
- Spread the almonds out on the baking sheet and allow them to dry a little while the oven heats up. Toast the almonds in the center of the oven for 18 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and loosen the almonds from the parchment paper using a spatula. Remove the paper and spread out the almonds on the hot baking sheet, shaking well. Pop them back in the oven for two minutes to dry out a little more. Remove and allow the almonds to cool completely on the pan.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.