- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken breasts halves (10 to 12 ounces each)
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 475° . In a large bowl, mix together 1/2 cup yogurt, garlic, turmeric, ginger, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken; turn to coat.
- Transfer chicken to a rimmed baking sheet. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of breast (avoiding bone) registers 160° , 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel apple; coarsely grate into a medium bowl. Add cilantro and remaining 1/2 cup yogurt; season with salt and pepper. Serve sauce alongside chicken, with rice, if desired.
Nutrition InfoPer serving (with out rice): 346 calories; 6.9 grams fat; 54.5 grams protein; 14.1 grams carbohydrates; 1.6 grams fiber