This tartar sauce recipe appears in the "Sauces" episode of Martha Stewart's Cooking School.
Yield: makes about 1/2 cup
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped cornichons
- 1 shallot, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, cornichons, shallot, capers, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Store covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve, for up to 2 days. Stir again just before serving.