Three-Cheese Mixed Mushroom Tart
This Three-Cheese Mixed Mushroom Tart is a simple one-sheet dinner made with puff pastry. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
- 1/2 pound mushrooms (a mix of oyster, shiitake, cremini)
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, defrosted in the fridge
- 2 ounces brie cheese, broken up into bits
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- Bunch of fresh sage leaves
- In a medium skillet, set over medium heat, add a few teaspoons of oil. When the oil is hot, add the mushrooms and season with a few pinches of salt. Stir occasionally until mostly cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the sheet of puff pastry on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Using a knife, score a 1/2-inch perimeter onto the puff pastry, all the way around. Poke a bunch of holes in the center, too. This will help keep it flat when it bakes.
- To the tart, add the brie cheese, mozzarella, and Parmesan and then lastly, add the sautéed mushrooms. Transfer to the oven to bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- While the tart is baking, fry up the sage leaves by pouring a few tablespoons of olive oil in a small sauté pan. When the oil is hot, add the sage leaves and fry until crispy, about 1 minute. Transfer to a paper towel to drain. Top the tart with broken up sage leaves and cut up and eat immediately.