This thyme crackers recipe appears in the "Crackers and Flatbreads" episode of Martha Bakes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh thyme
- Coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Coarse sea salt, such as Maldon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pulse the flour, thyme, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and sugar in a food processor until combined. Add butter and cream; process until dough forms.
- On a lightly floured surface, briefly knead dough. Divide into 2 pieces; shape into rectangles. Wrap each in plastic; refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Place 1 rectangle of dough on a piece of parchment paper and roll out into a very thin 13 1/3-by-10 1/2-inch rectangle. Using a pizza wheel, cut the dough into diamonds. Brush lightly with egg white and sprinkle with sea salt. Transfer parchment paper to a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake until golden brown and crisp, 17 to 25 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. Cut diamonds to separate into individual crackers.