Toasted Almond Bark
Try this toasted almond bark dessert recipe made with dark chocolate, sea salt, and almonds. You can watch Sue prepare the dish in this clip from Lakeland Cooks!
- 1/2 cup whole raw almonds, chopped coarsely or slivered almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 bar (8 ounces) Nestle Chocolatier 53% Cocoa Dark Chocolate Baking Bar, broken into pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toss almonds with the oil and one-fourth teaspoon coarse salt in a bowl. Spread on a baking sheet and bake, stirring occasionally, until the almonds are well toasted, about 10 minutes.
- Microwave chocolate in uncovered, microwave-safe glass bowl on HIGH power for 1 minute. Stir. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15 second intervals, stirring just until smooth. Stir in one-fourth cup of the toasted almonds.
- Pour onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper or waxed paper. Sprinkle with remaining one-fourth cup toasted almonds. Tap pan several times to spread chocolate and settle almonds.
- Sprinkle with one-eighth teaspoon coarse sea salt. Refrigerate for about an hour until firm or put in freezer for 10 minutes. Break the bark into pieces to serve.
- Store in air-tight container in a cool place, but not in the refrigerator, for up to 2 weeks.