Toasted Bread with Tomatoes and Eggplant
Whole Wheat bruschetta with sun-dried tomatoes and eggplant is a perfect tribute to putting up garden produce under olive oil. Watch Mary Ann Esposito make Toasted Bread with Tomatoes and Eggplant at CiaoItalia.com!
- 4 thick slices good whole wheat or pumpernickel bread, toasted
- 1clove garlic, peeled
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Marinated eggplant
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- Grinding black pepper
- Rub each slice of toasted bread lightly with the garlic clove.
- Place each slice on a luncheon dish.
- Top each slice with two or three tomato slices, two or three eggplant slices, some grated cheese, a fresh basil leafand a grinding of black pepper.
- Drizzle a little of the oil from the jar over the bread and serve immediately.