- 12 medium plum tomatoes finely diced (peel and seed first)
- 2 TB (or more) onion finely chopped
- 1/4 each green yellow and red sweet peppers, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 TB fresh basil chopped
- 1 TB fresh oregano chopped salt and pepper to taste
- 2-4 TB olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- French bread
- grated parmesan cheese
- Mix first six ingredients in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add enough olive oil to coat the mixture. Add vinegar to taste. Serve at room temperature.
- Slice bread on the diagonal into 1/2" slices. Brush one side lightly with olive oil.
- Place on cookie sheet with oiled side up. Heat in 400° oven until lightly toasted.
- To serve, place tsp of tomato mixture on warm toast, and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.