Tomato Scrambled Eggs
Big juicy tomatoes add an easy upgrade to ordinary scrambled eggs. (Recipe Credit: Marc Matsumoto of Fresh Tastes)
- 6.4 ounces (180 grams, 2 small tomatoes) tomatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon potato starch
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, toss the tomatoes with the salt and potato starch to coat evenly.
- Beat the eggs until uniform in color.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat until hot and then add the olive oil and tomatoes. Saute the tomatoes until they've released some liquid, and the edges of the tomatoes start rounding off.
- Transfer the tomatoes to the bowl they were in, and then add the eggs to the pan.
- Turn down the heat to low and let the eggs cook a bit before starting to stir.
- Return the tomatoes to the pan and scramble together with the eggs.
- Plate the eggs and season with black pepper to taste.