- 3 cans (14.5 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 small head escarole trimmed, and cut into 1 1/2inch pieces
- 1 lb. cheese tortellini
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Combine chicken broth, 2 cups water, and bay leaf in a large stockpot, bring to a boil.
- Add escarole; cook, stirring constantly, until wilted, about 15 seconds.
- Add tortellini; cook until they float to the top, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf, and season soup with salt and pepper. To serve, ladle into bowls.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 373 calories; 8.2 grams fat; 18.1 grams protein; 57.3 grams carbohydrates; 2.9 grams fiber