Tortellini Soup with Spinach and Tomatoes
Beat the clock with dinners that rock! Take on the challenges of eating together despite busy schedules and picky eaters with this delicious twenty minute tortellini soup recipe from Aviva Goldfarb of The Six O'Clock Scramble. See the full post at Kitchen Explorers.
Cook time: 20 Minutes
Yield: 5 servings
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 32 oz. reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 9 oz. whole wheat or regular cheese tortellini (sold refrigerated)
- 15 oz. no-salt added diced tomatoes, with their liquid
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the garlic for one minute, then stir in the broth. Bring it to a boil, and then add the tortellini, tomatoes, pepper, basil and oregano.
- Reduce the heat to keep it at a low boil for 7 minutes. Add the spinach. Simmer it for 2 more minutes, then remove it from the heat and serve it immediately, topped with Parmesan cheese.