- Unsalted butter room temperature, for baking dish
- 6 large eggs separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 325° . Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs yolks and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy. In another bowl, beat egg whites to soft peaks. Using a rubber spatula, fold whites into yolks until almost combined. Gently fold in flour (do not overmix).
- Spread batter in prepared dish. Bake until golden and pulling away from sides of dish, 20 to 25 minutes. Using a small knife, scrape skin from top of cake; discard. Cool cake for 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the three milks; pour evenly over cake. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to one day.
- To serve, prepare topping: In a mixing bowl, whip heavy cream with sugar to soft peaks. Chill cake and cut into squares; serve toped with whipped cream.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 404 calories; 19.6 grams fat; 10 grams protein; 48.1 grams carbohydrates; 8.8 grams fiber