True Bleu Swag
A dish that is a beautiful combination of salty and sweet! (The salty aspect is derived from the blue cheese and the sweet taste comes from the recipe’s blueberries and honey.) Vermont has some of the best honey in the USA.
- 4 cups Micro greens cleaned
- 1 pound Apple wood smoked bacon sliced
- 1 pound light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red onion julienne
- 1 pint blueberries
- 4 ounces bleu cheese
- 1 each Shallot minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dried blueberries soaked in sherry vinegar
- 2 ounces sherry vinegar
- 4 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Clean greens and set aside. Rub bacon with brown sugar. Bake in a 350 degree oven on parchment paper until golden brown. Reserve at room temperature. Soak red onion in cold water, drain.
- Clean blueberries, crumble bleu cheese. In a mixing bowl, combine shallots, mustard, honey, dried blueberries in sherry, and whisk to combine. Slowly add olive oil until emulsified. To serve, toss micro greens with vinaigrette.
- Add berries, onion and bacon and bleu cheese.