- 4 ounces spinach linguine, uncooked
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts (from a can)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced fat cream cheese, cut into small chunks
- 2/3 cup fat free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) can solid white tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare all the ingredients and set out at your work area.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well. Toss with 1 tablespoon butter.
- While pasta is cooking, saute onion in 2 tablespoons melted butter over medium-high heat until tender.
- Add sliced water chestnuts and saute; 2 more minutes.
- Add cream cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in tuna and Parmeasn cheese. Cook and stir until heated through.
- Combine tuna mixture with pasta. Toss well. Serve immediately.
Chopped celery can be substituted for the water chestnuts. Saute the chopped celery with the chopped onion.
Double the recipe to make four servings.