Tuna Nicoise Sandwich
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Total time: 20 Minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 1/2 white onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup plus 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) best-quality tuna packed in olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice plus lemon wedges, for serving
- 4 small ciabatta rolls split horizontally
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce leaves split horizontally
- 1 1/2 cups nicoise olives pitted
- 8 hard-boiled eggs peeled and thinly sliced
- Put onions, 1/4 cup oil, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl; season with pepper. Toss to combine. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Add tuna and its oil to onion mixture. Add lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt; season with pepper. Gently toss to combine.
- Cover bottom halves of rolls with lettuce. Top with olives, eggs, and tuna mixture, dividing evenly. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Cover with top halves of rolls. Serve with lemon wedges.