Tuna with Black Bean Salsa
- 1 ½ pounds tuna steak cut one inch thick
- 1 cup dried black turtle beans washed and soaked in cold water overnight
- 2 tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and chopped
- Combine the 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon lime juice and brush on the tuna.
- Place over hot coals and grill 4 to 6 minutes per side, until the outside is browned and the inside is just cooked.
- Serve with black bean salsa. Drain the black beans and put in a saucepan with enough water to cover.
- Bring the beans to a boil and cook until they are tender, about one hour.
- Drain the beans, pass under cold running water and combine with the tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, lime juice, olive oil and avocado.
- Allow the mixture to sit at room temperature for about ½ hour before serving.
- If it is necessary to make it ahead, refrigerate up to 3 or 4 hours but do not add the avocado until ready to serve.