Tuna with Orange-Pepper Salsa
Prep time: 30 Minutes
Total time: 30 Minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 2 navel oranges peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper ribs and seeds removed, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil plus more for grates
- 4 tuna steaks (each 6 to 8 ounces and 3/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander Boston lettuce (optional)
- Make salsa: In a medium bowl, toss together oranges, bell pepper, onion, mint, and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat grill to high; oil grates. Rub tuna with oil, coriander, salt, and pepper. Place on grill; cook, turning once, until browned in spots but still pink in the center, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Serve topped with salsa. Garnish with lettuce leaves, if desired.