Turkey and Avocado Burrito
This avocado burrito recipe with turkey is a lighter option than beef, but is still a filling weeknight meal. Food blogger Jenna Weber shares how to pick your ground turkey in a full post on the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 4 tbsp taco seasoning (storebought or homemade)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 4 flour tortillas
- sliced avocado for serving
- Combine the ground turkey and 2 tbsp taco seasoning in a large skillet. Cook until turkey browns then add remaining taco seasoning and water. Cover the pan and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. If meat looks too dry, add another tablespoon of water.
- Add the drained black beans and cheese to the cooked turkey and stir until cheese melts.
- Heat up tortillas one at a time in the microwave for 10 seconds. Place a small amount of turkey, bean and cheese mixture in the center and top with a generous drizzle of salsa. Add a couple slices of avocado and roll up.