Turkey and Wild Rice Salad
Put your Thanksgiving leftovers to use with this recipe for turkey and wild rice salad from Aviva Goldfarb of The Six O'Clock Scramble shares this recipe. See the full post at Kitchen Explorers.
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 60 Minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 cup wild rice blend such as Lundberg’s
- 1 cup cooked turkey breast chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery (about 2 stalks)
- 1/4 – ½ cup thinly sliced scallions to taste
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or ½ - ¾ cup cranberry sauce to taste
- 1/4 cup light balsamic vinaigrette dressing (or use equal parts olive oil and balsamic vinegar)
- 1/2 cup pecans lightly toasted and coarsely chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste (optional)
- Prepare the rice according to the package directions, using water or leftover chicken broth.
- In a medium serving bowl, combine the turkey, celery, scallions and cranberries or cranberry sauce. When the rice is cooked, combine it with the ingredients in the bowl. Stir in the vinaigrette dressing. Refrigerate the salad for at least 15 minutes and up to 2 days. Just before serving, stir in the pecans.