Turkey Tacos with Butternut Squash Pico de Gallo
Use your Thanksgiving leftovers to create these Turkey Tacos featuring a Butternut Squash Pico de Gallo. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of the Fresh Tastes blog)
- For the Butternut Squash Pico de Gallo:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 butternut squash (about 1 1/2 cups), delicata squash or acorn squash, diced
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Juice from 1 lime
- For the Tacos:
- 4 to 6 tortillas
- White or dark turkey meat, shredded
- In a medium skillet, set over medium heat, add the olive oil. When warm, add the squash. Cook on medium to medium low heat for 7 to 10 minutes, until tender and cooked. This cook time may vary depending on how big the dice of the squash is so just be sure to give it a taste to ensure that it’s cooked. Remove from the pan and transfer to a bowl and allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- To the bowl, add the pomegranate seeds, cilantro, shallot, minced garlic, juice from 1 lime and a few pinches of salt. Toss to combine.
- Warm the tortillas in a 200 degree F oven. Add a handful of shredded turkey to each tortilla and top with a generous amount of butternut squash pico de gallo. Add a few splashes of hot sauce for good measure.