Veal Cutlets with Fontina
Hearty mountain food makes up the diet of the Valdostani, as in this typical veal cutlet stuffed with Fontina cheese. Watch Mary Ann Esposito make Veal Cutlets with Fontina at CiaoItalia.com!
- 4 bone-in veal chops about 1 - 1/2 inch thick
- 4 ounces Fontina cheese, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup or more breadcrumbs
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- Cut a pocket in each chop; divide and stuff the Fontina in each pocket; close with a toothpick.
- Combine salt, pepper and flour in a bag. Coat the chops in the flour mixture.
- Dip each chop in the beaten eggs, then the breadcrumbs.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook the chops until golden brown. Serve hot.