Vegan Coconut Banana Ice Cream
This Vegan Coconut Banana Ice Cream recipe comes together in less than a minute. (Recipe Credit: Marc Matsumoto of Fresh Tastes)
Yield: 2.5 cups of ice cream
- 12.7 ounces (360 grams, about 3 large bananas) bananas
- 0.70 ounces (20 grams, about 1/3 cup) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 6.8 fluid ounces coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Peel the bananas and break them up into chunks. Wrap them and freeze overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees C. Spread the coconut onto a baking sheet or a piece of foil, and put it in the preheated oven. Toast the coconut until it's a golden brown, being careful not to burn it (about 5 minutes). Let the coconut cool to room temperature.
- To make the ice cream, put the frozen bananas, coconut cream, maple syrup and vanilla into a high speed blender and blend starting at low speed and working your way up gradually to high speed until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Do not over-blend, otherwise the friction will melt your ice cream.
- The ice cream can be served immediately as soft-serve, or you can put it in an air-tight container and place it in the freezer for a few hours to set it so that it has the texture of a store-bought ice cream.
- Serve the ice cream with the toasted coconut sprinkled on top.