Vegan French Toast
Prepare this classic dish as a quick and delicious vegan breakfast option.
(Recipe Courtesy: Marc Matsumoto from the Fresh Tastes blog)
- 6.8 ounces coconut milk
- 5.3 ounces (150 grams) soft tofu
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 slices of thick-cut bread
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- maple syrup
- Put the coconut milk, tofu and vanilla extract in a blender and puree.
- Place the bread in a tray that's just large enough to hold all the bread and then cover with the coconut milk mixture. Flip the bread a few times to ensure each slice is evenly coated. Let this soak overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat until hot, and then add the oil and swirl to coat.
- Add the soaked bread to the pan and fry on one side until it browns. Flip and fry until the other side has browned as well.
- Serve with maple syrup or a fruit compote.