Vegan Greek Salad
Use marinated tofu as a substitute for feta cheese in this dairy-free spin on a classic salad.
(Recipe Courtesy: Marc Matsumoto from the Fresh Tastes blog)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 7 ounces (200 grams, 1/2 pack) firm tofu
- 7 ounces (200 grams, 2 cucumbers) Lebanese cucumbers, cut into bite-size pieces
- 7 ounces (200 grams) tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 ounce (30 grams, 1/4 onion) red onion, thinly sliced
- 2.8 ounces (80 grams, 1/2 cup) Kalamata olives
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Put the lemon juice, nutritional yeast and salt into a sealable bag and shake to dissolve the salt.
- Add the tofu, and then press out as much air from the bag as possible before sealing. If you have a vacuum sealer, this will make this a lot easier. Let this marinate for at least 24 hours, or up to one week.
- Toss the cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, olives, wine vinegar and salt together and plate.
- Drain the marinated tofu and place on top of the vegetables. Drizzle generously with olive oil and sprinkle with oregano to serve.