Stroganoff that is as satisfying as it looks. Creamy, savory and flavorful, even carnivores will be going back for seconds! (Recipe Credit: Marc Matsumoto of Fresh Tastes.)
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1.4 ounces raw cashew nuts (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon porcini mushroom powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 7 ounces cremini mushrooms (about 12 mushrooms)
- 4.6 ounces onions (about 1/2 medium onion, diced)
- 0.25 ounces garlic (about 1 large clove)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5.3 ounces vegan meat
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Put the vegetable stock, raw cashews, nutritional yeast, porcini powder, and lemon in a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth.
- Add the coconut oil to a frying pan and saute the mushrooms over medium-high heat until well browned (about 7 minutes).
- Add the onions, garlic and salt and saute until the onions are browned and tender (an additional 7 minutes).
- Add the vegan meat and and white wine and cook until there is no liquid left.
- Add the cashew nut mixture and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Serve over your favorite vegan pasta.