Warm Mango Sauce with Vanilla Ice Cream
Try this mango sauce recipe with vanilla ice cream. You can watch Sue prepare the dish in this clip from Lakeland Cooks!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ripe mangoes, pitted, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Vanilla ice cream
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the mangoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to give up their juices, about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar, rum and lime juice.
- Cook and gently stir until the juices thicken slightly.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Scoop ice cream into individual dessert dishes and top with the warm mango sauce.
Tips/TechniquesThis sauce can be made up to 2 hours before serving. Set aside at room temperature and reheat gently before serving.